Sonntag, 25. März 2012

I just couldn't hold off any longer

Really it's still too early to be planting most things.  At night the temperature is down close to freezing and the mornings are still fresh until after the second cop of coffee.

But it's the SUN.  Everything was swimming in vanilla light begging to be set free.  I couldn't hold back any more.  Although I had firmly decided not to bother with any potatoes this year after last years rubbish results, they're one of the only things I dare to put in the ground.  So I grabbed a pound of floury Oldenwald sourced (local) seed potatoes and popped in a row.  And also a row of garlic.  And twenty or so decaying gladiola bulbs I found in the back of the shed.  I don't suppose much will come of the glads, but the sunshine at the allotment was worth it.

Note to EHS competition people:  you are all going to lose.  My "red devil" chilis have germinated and are about 1 cm high already.  That trophy will be mine!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen