Montag, 19. März 2012

Cold frame in action and log tagging at plot

The sun came out on Saturday and at last I could get going with out side stuff.

Up at the allotment, I went over most of the beds with a (dutch) hoe to slow down the weeds a bit.  Then I planted the coriander seeds directly out in a seed bed (next to the compost bins).  I also planted the celeriac seeds, squash seeds, pumpkin seeds and a few runner bean seeds in modules, and put them in the newly completed cold frame.

View from inside the cold frame
The window on the top needs a bit of refinement but it works pretty well.

Down at the plot, the neighbour has been dumping plenty of soil.
Mole hills ... not really
 If he manages to dump enough soil on his plot, he should be able to bring the level up to ours.  That will make things much easier when we come to plant the hedge later on.

I also took the chance to mark the fire wood.
Chopped wood duly tagged
I got special spray paint for timber marking, so it should be okay.  The plan is that any wood thieves will find the marking and be scared off.  Hmm.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen