Dienstag, 2. August 2011

Beans getting ready for judgement day

Lady Di runner beans ready for the show
On Friday 5th August we will have the runner bean class of this year's EHS Late Summer Show.  Everyone's beans are peaking now (apart from John's) and the show organizing committee agreed to move the bean day to this week.  My single row has produced a mighty crop so far and shows no sign of stopping.  The infestation of black fly earlier in the year were chased off by the crushed marigold oil I sprayed at them.

One typical runner bean, about 35 cm long
The goji bushes have gone a bit crazy and covered half the path to the compost bins.  They have had more (purple) flowers this year than last year, but I don't see any sign of fruit.  I have no idea when I can prune them back a bit - I guess I'll just make it up.
Goji bushes

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen